11.26.2008

Giving Thanks...

I miss my family...
I talk to them all the time...
I see some sort of arrangment of them at least every few months...
I see my Farmor and Farfar all the time...
But this is the first Thanksgiving without them... and suddenly I'm all emo about it.
I don't think it helps that I'm house sitting and all alone on Thankgiving Eve.
I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with the Hillners, the Joens, Kim, and her man...

So... to make things a little better, I endevored, all by myself, for the first time ever, to make a few of my families traditional things... 
These 2 things have always been present at every Thanksgiving I can ever remember... 
and so I give you...
 
The Friestad Family Bran Muffins
(ok... forget any ideas you have about Bran Muffins... these sucka's are AMAZING!
And since the recipe was for The FAMILY proportion, I have plenty of extra batter to make you some, just let me know)

 
The Friestad Family Triple layer Jello
(Ok... so I think the green was supposed to stay on the top, but it sunk to layer 2, but there's still 3 layers, right? And that middle/1st layer is full of yummy goodness)
Thank You Jesus for family, friends, and Good Food... 
Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about my world?